Make address fields 'required' conditional on subscription plan

2 years 9 months ago #325378 by Thelowlandpiper
Most of my plans require a delivery address for mailing a journal - one plan doesn't (download only); is it possible to make the required fields conditional on some plans? At present the address fields are not marked 'required' and print-cpoy subscribers often neglect to provide a delivery address...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325385 by krileon
You cannot condition the required state of a field. You can only show or hide the field entirely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325402 by Thelowlandpiper
I was hoping there was some way in which I could at least force the display of an address fields tab depending on plan. I have created a cb_plan field that is filled on registration but presumably this will only be filled on completion of registration.
. It sounds like the best I can do is to put the address fields in their own separate tab labelled 'Delivery Address'

2 years 9 months ago #325405 by krileon
You can show/hide tabs/fields using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection. For registration you can use the "Hide fields on registration" parameter under the Workflows tab. If CB Conditional is up to date you can now also configure CB Conditional to condition based off plan selection. So you've a few options on how to show/hide your address fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325409 by Thelowlandpiper
Right! I've used the Conditional to hide the Address tab altogether for plans that don't need an address; that'll do, hopefully. Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn