Remository

1 year 8 months ago #329900 by aroma
Remository was created by aroma
Hello,
I'm migrating a very old Joomla installation with CB + CBSubscription + Remository.
Unfortunately I see that the remository no longer exists.
How can I replace it?

I would like my subscribing users to be able to access folders containing specific PDF files, related to the subscription they choose.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #329905 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Remository
I've no idea what Remository is. Are you wanting to protect access to some sort of download manager?

I would like my subscribing users to be able to access folders containing specific PDF files, related to the subscription they choose.

Only way for CBSubs to protect folders that are directly accessed outside of Joomla ecosystem is with CBSubs Folder Access integration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #329910 by aroma
Replied by aroma on topic Remository

Only way for CBSubs to protect folders that are directly accessed outside of Joomla ecosystem is with CBSubs Folder Access integration.

I don't have to protect directory outside of Joomla ecosystem.

What I need is for my users to be able to access reading PDF depending on the subscription they have subscribed to and when the subscription expires they can't do it
I hope I have made myself clear, sorry for my not so good English

1 year 8 months ago #329924 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Remository
That PDF has to be stored somewhere. If they're just directly accessing it in a folder on your domain then only CBSubs Folder Access integration can protect that folder. Ideally you should use some sort of file management extension then you can just protect access to that extension. Suggest checking the JED for an extension for you to put your PDF in first.

extensions.joomla.org/instant-search/?jed_live%5Bquery%5D=pdf
extensions.joomla.org/instant-search/?jed_live%5Bquery%5D=download

You could also use CB Gallery or CB Package Builder to put your PDF in then protect access to either of those. I suppose you could even try to make this work with a file fieldtype and use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection to protect access to that field then render it on everyone else's profile using a Custom HTML field with substitutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #329928 by aroma
Remository was a plugin of Joomla Polis in 2012.
Provided paid access integration between CBSubs plugin and Remository.
How can replicate it?

1 year 8 months ago #329933 by aroma
extensions.joomla.org/extension/cbsubs/
Here it is written that

Built-in integrations with many key Joomla extensions like: Community Builder, GroupJive, AcyMailing, idevaffiliate, post affiliate pro. Also integrates well with Joomla ACL with any component implementing Joomla ACL, like alphauserpoints, Virtuemart, eventlist, jAwards, DOCman, Remository, etc. SQL and URL-parts integrations for Kunena, etc are also included.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds