Payment method included in email to admin?

10 months 3 weeks ago #333727 by peterbatchelor
Payment method included in email to admin? was created by peterbatchelor
Is it possible to have the payment method added to the email that is sent to admins when a subscriber either joins or renews?
Thanks, Peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 3 weeks ago #333733 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Payment method included in email to admin?
Do you mean the actual method like Visa, Mastercard, etc.. or just what payment gateway was used?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 3 weeks ago #333764 by peterbatchelor
Replied by peterbatchelor on topic Payment method included in email to admin?
Hi Kyle,
Just the payment gateway is what I need.
Thanks, Peter

10 months 3 weeks ago #333766 by krileon
Unfortunately there isn't a substitution to output that. Is there a reason you need the email to include that? Typically a site should only need 1 or 2 payment gateways. Most emails are triggered off subscription status so they don't include information regarding their last payment basket details (subscriptions are not tied to their baskets).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 3 weeks ago #333780 by peterbatchelor
Replied by peterbatchelor on topic Payment method included in email to admin?
Hi Kyle,
the reason they want this is that their book-keeper insists on sending out their own invoices for offline payments, and so needs to be notified when those invoices have to be raised.
If we can't send the gateway info, is it possible to send something that identifies actual method, like Visa, Mastercard, etc?
Peter

10 months 3 weeks ago #333782 by krileon

If we can't send the gateway info, is it possible to send something that identifies actual method, like Visa, Mastercard, etc?

No, as mentioned subscriptions are not tied to their baskets. So a subscription technically doesn't even have to have a payment. All emails and integrations trigger on subscription status not so much payment status.

You could use CB Auto Actions to send a custom email specifically when an offline payment is made though. The below should work, which is acting on a payment status change and not a subscription status change.

Global
Triggers: onCPayAfterPaymentStatusChange
Type: Email
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var2_gateway_account]
Operator: Equal To
Value: GATEWAY_ID_HERE
Condition 2
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var4]
Operator: Equal To
Value: Pending

Replace GATEWAY_ID_HERE with the ID of your offline payment gateway. This should send an email when it enters a pending status. You can specify whatever To address you like so it sends to your bookkeeper directly and a bonus is you can include whatever additional information you may need like username, user id, basket id, etc.. The variables for this trigger are as follows.
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'onCPayAfterPaymentStatusChange', array( &$user, &$paymentBasket, &$subscriptions, $unifiedStatus, $previousUnifiedStatus, $occurrences, $autorecurring_type, $autorenew_type ) )

So with the above example var2 is $paymentBasket, which is their payment basket and var4 is $unifiedStatus which is the status of the basket.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn