Acy CBSubs Subscriptions

10 months 2 weeks ago #333838 by wjgadmin
Acy CBSubs Subscriptions was created by wjgadmin
Hi folks,
We've been working with Acymailing to try an figure out a long standing problem we're having.
Here's the scenario we use:
- users signup via CBSubs subscription and we require double opt-in (confirmation). So when the user registers, they receive the confirmation email and in each plan we have them set to be auto subscribed to abc newsletter via Acy.

The issue is that users aren't being confirmed per Acy when they're created. It does create the user and set them as enabled, but it doesn't confirm their account so we are unable to send our newsletter to them via Acy (we use them for all email sending).
We also have cases where the user is already present in Acy before they register via CBSubs, and when they do, it will often unconfirm them in Acy.

Is there a setting we're missing to make sure the user's Acy is set to confirmed during CBSubs registration? We have the plugin enabled and we've confirmed its' settings should all be accurate. Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 2 weeks ago #333839 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Acy CBSubs Subscriptions
When the user doesn't exist in AcyMailing and when we create them we set them as confirmed.

New AcyMailing User
			$newSubscriber				=	new stdClass();
			$newSubscriber->email		=	$user->getString( 'email' );
			$newSubscriber->name		=	$user->getString( 'name' );

if ( $this->acyMailingVersion() === 6 ) {
				$newSubscriber->cms_id	=	$user->getInt( 'id', 0 );
				$newSubscriber->source	=	'joomla';
				$newSubscriber->active	=	1;

if ( class_exists( '\AcyMailing\Classes\UserClass' ) ) {
					$acyUser->sendConf	=	false;
				}
			} else {
				$newSubscriber->userid	=	$user->getInt( 'id', 0 );
				$newSubscriber->created	=	cbpaidTimes::getInstance()->strToTime( $user->getString( 'registerDate' ) );
				$newSubscriber->enabled	=	1;
				$newSubscriber->accept	=	1;
				$newSubscriber->ip		=	$user->getString( 'registeripaddr' );
				$newSubscriber->html	=	1;
			}

$newSubscriber->confirmed	=	1;

$subscriberId				=	$acyUser->save( $newSubscriber );

When they already exist we don't touch their status at all. So I've no idea why they'd suddenly become unconfirmed.

Existing AcyMailing User
			if ( ! $subscriber->cms_id ) {
				$subscriber->cms_id		=	$user->getInt( 'id', 0 );
				$subscriber->source		=	'joomla';

$acyUser->save( $subscriber );
			}

If the API has changed I don't have any issues with updating it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #333840 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Acy CBSubs Subscriptions
Out of the 2 plugins, which is the code below? Could it have anything to do with both these plugins or their respective settings? I am continuing to work with Acy on this to see if they can help resolve. I will update you as soon as I hear back :)

Attachments:

10 months 2 weeks ago #333841 by wjgadmin
Just in case, I wanted you to see the settings of the top Acy plugin since the bottom one is handled through each CBSubs plan.

Attachments:

10 months 2 weeks ago #333842 by wjgadmin
Apologies for multiple posts.... I believe we may have resolved it.

It seems there is a conflict with the Acy/CB/Joomla integration IF you disable the Acy plugin that specifies the users to be registered upon Joomla registration.
We've always had this disabled because we use CBSubs/CB for registration only so didn't see a need for it. Upon testing, it seems to not track accordingly when that plugin is enabled.

Sorry to bother you with this. Will let you know if there are any issues but wanted to let you know so you don't waste any of your time here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn