unable to pay for membership

10 months 1 week ago #334192 by joomally
Replied by joomally on topic unable to pay for membership

Don't just directly copy the php.ini over.

yes, thanks - I know that.

Have you tried contacting your host to see if they can review logs for any kind of errors that might be causing this?

I looked at the logs myself and there's nothing there. But have asked the host to check as well.

I noticed the following. not sure if its relevent?

1. If I go to the CB plugin manager page (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=showPlugins) the 'CB Paid Subscriptions' version number is in green (as I would expect it to be because it is the latest version). But, if I go to the CB Subs plugin settings (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=editPlugin&cid=23&action=showparams) the same version number is written in red. Would it help to 'refresh' (ie reinstall) the cbsubs plugin  ? and is there a way to do this without losing  data (eg plans and subscriptions)

2. If I go to the Payment Baskets page, I see the error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '2 ) AND ( a.`payment_status` = 'Completed' )' at line 4

Thanks

I couldn't install a standalone build of the Stripe gateway

PS - it is now possible to install a standalone build of the Stripe gateway. I think perhaps the changes to the php.ini file fixed that issue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #334195 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic unable to pay for membership

1. If I go to the CB plugin manager page (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=showPlugins) the 'CB Paid Subscriptions' version number is in green (as I would expect it to be because it is the latest version). But, if I go to the CB Subs plugin settings (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=editPlugin&cid=23&action=showparams) the same version number is written in red. Would it help to 'refresh' (ie reinstall) the cbsubs plugin  ? and is there a way to do this without losing  data (eg plans and subscriptions)

You can simply install CBSubs over the top of it self to override the files, but that's no different than just updating to latest releases and does not cause data loss.

2. If I go to the Payment Baskets page, I see the error:

That's a known bugged filter. Logging out clears it and won't impact saving CBSubs > Settings.

The main issue is CBSubs > Settings can't be saved. So your install is effectively missing parameters. That's usually entirely fixed by adjusting max_input_vars so I'm not sure what else on your server could be preventing this from working properly. The following are my settings, but I don't know if these are specifically what's causing your issue.

max_execution_time = 36000
max_input_time = 60
max_input_nesting_level = 64
max_input_vars = 1000
memory_limit = 512M
post_max_size = 50M

PS - it is now possible to install a standalone build of the Stripe gateway. I think perhaps the changes to the php.ini file fixed that issue.

Still does not seam to be working. Attempting to install CBSubs Stripe causes a weird redirect to frontend login (seams to just be your home page) while in backend, which is exactly what is happening when attempting to save CBSubs > Settings. It's quite strange. Do you have some sort of 3rd party security extension installed?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 1 week ago #334196 by krileon
Are you using cloudflare to cache? If so purge the cache and see if that resolves your issue. Looks like saving CBSubs > Settings is having a 403 redirect applied.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #334220 by joomally
thanks. I copied across the settings of yours that were higher than the settings I have but it didn't help.
We are using cloudlfare and I did a purge which after waiting about 30 mins hasn't solved the problem.

some questions

1. I noticed in the database table xxx_cbsubs_config that there is a row with all the config params. According to that row, "lastsavedversion":"4.6.1+build.2023.03.09.19.48.58.b8e43eb06",
I'm not sure if its a coincidence but this is around the time that I had this problem:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/cb-paid-subscriptions-support/245688-solved-error-when-attempting-stripe-subscription#333133
Its possible that this has nothing to do with moving the server, and I just haven't tried to save the settings since then.
I wonder if it would be helpful to install that version ? or alternatively whether I can check that row for missing parameters and simply add any that are needed ?

I looked at the downloads page of my account on joomlapolis and I could see downloads from 2023/03/07 and 2023/03/10. I downloaded the one which I had previously downloaded on 2023/03/10 and installed it using Community Builder->Plugin management->Install CB plugin->Upload Package file.
Surprisingly (to me), when I went back to Community Builder->Plugin management the version numbers of all the plugins were green. So I don't know whether the steps that I took can be used to revert back to a previous version. I then went to CBSubs settings, and pressed 'save'. It did redirect, but this time to the admin home page (joomla administrator control panel) rather than to my site home page. I went back into CBSubs settings again, and pressed 'save' again and this time it redirected to the main site home page, as it has previously done.

2. I notice that cancelling on the cbsubs settings page also redirects to the  front end home page.
I mention this because I would have thought that cancelling doesn't do much so its strange that its triggering the error and it might help to isolate what may be causing it.
For example, does cancelling run any database queries ?

3. can I ask how you can tell that its a 403 redirect ?

4. if I go to the CB Subs plugin settings (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=editPlugin&cid=23&action=showparams) the version number is written in red even though its the most recent version (4.6.1+build.2023.05.17.16.17.22.cdc1f46c2). Could that be significant ?

Thanks

10 months 1 week ago #334225 by krileon

1. I noticed in the database table xxx_cbsubs_config that there is a row with all the config params. According to that row, "lastsavedversion":"4.6.1+build.2023.03.09.19.48.58.b8e43eb06",

That's just used to indicate what version you had when CBSubs > Settings was last saved.

2. I notice that cancelling on the cbsubs settings page also redirects to the  front end home page.

CBSubs wouldn't be doing that. You have something either installed or at a server level that's interfering with CBSubs. Usually it's something installed and the quickest way to get to the bottom of that is slowly unpublish 3rd party extensions 1 by 1. I'm more inclined to believe it's bad cache at cloudflare though as this has happened to other users before. Turn off the caching entirely, purge it, then see if issue persists.

3. can I ask how you can tell that its a 403 redirect ?

Browser developer tools (F12).

4. if I go to the CB Subs plugin settings (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=editPlugin&cid=23&action=showparams) the version number is written in red even though its the most recent version (4.6.1+build.2023.05.17.16.17.22.cdc1f46c2). Could that be significant ?

It only checks against stable version there. That's nothing to be worried about.

Your site has very odd behavior. For example attempting to install an internal build of the Stripe payment gateway causes the same behavior where it redirects and shows frontend home page instead of installing. That all sounds like cache misses to me. Basically whatever caching is going on is not working correctly. This specifically is causing a 406 Not Acceptable response when it redirects. We don't throw a single 406 response anywhere in core CB or CBSubs so something else is throwing it, which could be as simple as something you have installed is doing all this. My guess is it's a cache miss since the only thing that really changed was your server setup. Turn off server side caching entirely and see if your issue persists.

I don't know what else to suggest at this point. My best guess is server related since that's the only thing changed between when your site worked and when it no longer works.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

10 months 1 week ago #334239 by joomally
Hi,
My host responded after checking the server error log that a mod_security rule was blocking the url.
This is now resolved, and although it's possible to save the cbsubs settings, it's still not possible to get to the payment page when registering a new user with a subscription.
I get an error - 'The page isn’t redirecting properly. An error occurred during a connection to mysite.com.  This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.'
I have checked Joomla logs and CB subs History logs and can't see anything wrong.
I have also cleared joomla cache and cloudflare cache and turned off cloudflare caching.
I get the error across different browsers and have cleared the cookies from the browser but this didn't help.
I have tried with different cbsubs plans but get the same error.
My host has said that there are no errors in the logs for this.
Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn