CB field 'acceptedterms' date is not updated by renewing subscription

2 months 3 weeks ago #337004 by webmasterACA
Dear support,
my customers have to register. In the registration form, they have to accept the terms and conditions (CB field acceptedterms= set to '1').
When (re)subscribing to a CB Subs plan, they have to (re)confirm they accept our terms and conditions by marking the field that I show on the registration page, based on the settings of CB Subs, tab 'Display' tab 'Baskets', paragraph 'Terms and Conditions on checkout', option 'Display and require accepting terms' set to 'Ask to approve same terms and conditions as on registration page'. Which works fine.
But the date and time of the approval (field acceptedtermsconsent) is not updated. So in my CB database it looks like the customers never accepted the terms and conditions since first registration and I have no proof they reaccepted the terms and conditions when they subcribed or resubscribed at a later date to a plan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago #337012 by krileon
Those are payment terms and conditions. They're not site terms and conditions. So by accepting them they're accepting them for that payment alone. It does not update the terms and conditions field in any way. The option to use the terms and conditions field for its parameters is for if you've a single page that outlines site and payment terms to make things easier to manage.

It's possible to update the acceptedterms field using CBSubs though. You'll likely need to use CBSubs SQL Actions and update the database directly. Example as follows.
UPDATE `#__comprofiler` SET `acceptedterms` = 1, `acceptedtermsconsent` = NOW() WHERE `id` = [user_id]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: webmasterACA

2 months 3 weeks ago #337052 by webmasterACA
Thanks for the explanation. It fit's in our setup and requirements (site and payment terms in one), so I used the CB Subs SQL to update the database directly. It only took me a while to realise I had to publish the CB Subs SQL plugin first in order to use it... my fault.
Thanks for the quick solution!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn