PayPal - We're sorry, things don't appear to be working right now...

1 month 2 weeks ago #337518 by danpoole
Hi, I'm having issues setting up a PayPal payment gateway. I followed all instructions in the payment gateway settings, the PDT setup, and the IPN is set up. I've added all the correct details in the PDT settings, plus the PayPal identity token is correct and double-checked. It was set up using PayPal API credentials, but I've also tested it without them, and there's still no change. I keep getting the usual PayPal useless message: "We're sorry, things don't appear to be working right now. Please try again later." The PayPal account is set up, as far as I know, correctly. It is a business account, and there are no blocks or holds on it.

This is the URL that it gives on the error: www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/error?flowlogging_id=f729320a7b149&code=GENERIC_ERROR&mfid=1710298105996_f729320a7b149

Could you please let me know where I can start troubleshooting this problem? Are there any logs within Community Builder that would help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago #337522 by krileon
That typically means the account settings are incorrect. I recommend the below.

PayPal Business (email or secure merchant ID): Set this to your Merchant ID. You can find this on the below page under "Account options".
https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/profile/

PayPal Main receiver account (email) (if Business is different from your main account): On that same above page this should be set to whatever email address is marked "primary".

Your PayPal Identity Token: This can be found on the below page under "Payment data transfer"
https://www.paypal.com/businessmanage/preferences/website

Ensure there's no copy-paste errors with the identity token. For example if you just double click it to highlight it it won't select the full string.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.688 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn