Setting Log in parameters for standard and busines

11 years 5 months ago #211768 by Rolandnj
Hi,

Please advise. How do I set the log in parameters to enable people to log in either personally or as a business.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #211898 by krileon
No idea what you're asking. There isn't 2 types of logins. All users login the same way through CB Login module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #211904 by Rolandnj
I refer to my discussion with Nant:

re: [Ticket ID: 251927] Quote

My question was:
For lack of a better example. Facebook has normal profile pages and business pages. I would like the same? Is this possible? On the business pages I would like a (book now for example) button linking to their listing on the Jomres component.

And his answer was:

You can have a CB field that you can show during registration for people to choose if they are an u=individual or a business.
You can then use CB Conditionals to show/hide fields/tabs based on this value. This way you can have business profiles with specific fields/tabs and Individual profiles with other info.

How do I do this?

11 years 5 months ago #211914 by krileon
You could use CB Conditional as Nick suggested to have 2 different profiles, but it's based off field values so you'll need a field that users select what type of profile they want (you can make this read only I suppose and only you can change it if you wanted). You'd then show/hide fields/tabs based off that field (edit fields in Field Management to add conditions). This has nothing to do with login though, they'd still login the same regardless of the field value they selected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rolandnj

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn