[SOLVED] GroupJive Events

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #213851 by shardnzl
[SOLVED] GroupJive Events was created by shardnzl
Hi there

Just trying to add field to the groupjive events table in the database, but can't see where new events are written to the database, I've looked in cbgroupjiveevents::saveEvent. But this doesn't seem to perform the actual insert, which seems to be parent::store() but I still don't see where I tell Group Jive it needs to add another field to the insert?

I am fairly new with Joomla, so I may be missing something basic about how Joomla interacts with module/plugin tables?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #213898 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GroupJive Events
Save event does the insert. No queries are directly called as it's completely object oriented. You use ->set on an empty event object to add to the object then call ->store to save it, this will insert a new event if no id is present. Example below will create a new event entry.
$row = cbgjEventsData::getEvents( null, null, null, null, false );
$row->set( 'published', 1 );
$row->set( 'user_id', 62 );
$row->set( 'group', 1 );
$row->set( 'title', 'House Party' );
$row->set( 'event', 'Party at my house!' );
$row->set( 'location', 'MY HOUSE' );
$row->set( 'attending', '62:1' );
$row->set( 'date', '2012-11-30 13:00:00' );
$row->store();

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #213936 by shardnzl
Replied by shardnzl on topic Re: GroupJive Events
Will try that now. Looks like it's saving, but will check it out...

11 years 4 months ago #213947 by krileon
If you absolutely need to you can use a direct database insert. It won't fire any of the integrations triggers, but nothing atm is utilizing them so it should be ok.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago #214364 by shardnzl
Replied by shardnzl on topic Re: GroupJive Events
Thanks for that advice, I got multi-day events working, but I noticed how slow event saving was. So I reversed all changes, putting the original file in and original DB table, still very slow, just to add one event. Our client finds this unacceptable.

Can you shed any light on why this takes sooo long, on average 20 - 30 seconds on a 5Mbps connection?

Please note: this is not the changes we've made, we've tested this with the original install.

11 years 4 months ago #214368 by krileon
No idea, all my tests are less than 6 seconds. You probably have some other things installed that are loading during the saving process. You can try direct database addition, but that probably won't help if it's extra stuff loading in. Normal saving process has to do full permissions, security, and sanitization checks and it's not based off your connection in the slightest; it's based off the performance of the server the site is hosted on.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: shardnzl

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.525 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn