List Management Filter how to ?

11 years 5 months ago #214019 by sheshakwt
List Management Filter how to ? was created by sheshakwt
Hi guys,

I've been trying to figure out how to make a list show a user being registered for an event and then decides to not participate in the event.

I have setup field to be a single check box where the user basically chooses which day he would like to attend the event, once he chooses the date he clicks on the check box and the data is passed on.

Clicking on the list I created it shows the first name and lastname as I have defined in joomla cb all fine, it shows that the user is still attending but the user has decided not to attend.

I selected the Filter to be "is not null" but cannot find the option to have the results updated if the users decides not to event atleast it should update the record as per the latest ammendment.

Everything else works perfectly fine.

BTW am self taught so am working my way into this on trial and error basis and pretty satisfied on how far I have and referred to documents online.

Any guidance would be highly apprieciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #214046 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: List Management Filter how to ?
Single checkboxes use 1 or 0. 1 being checked and 0 being unchecked. New users it defaults to null. I suggest using the below filter instead.

Field Equal To 1

This would give you a list of users who have the checkbox checked. If you want a list of users who don't have it checked you'd use the below for example.

Field Not Equal To 1

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sheshakwt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn