Having a really hard time setting up

10 years 9 months ago #229976 by njjacob
Having a really hard time setting up was created by njjacob
Its been a while since I used CB on websites, and a lot has changed. Here is my problems.

1. My View Profile/User Profile links do not work and I have the menu item set to published, both the CB login module and a Menu Item.
2. SOBI is installed, but I cannot get the TAB to show in the Profile. Its set to TAB>TABMAIN>REGISTERED
3. MEMBERS AREA list shows nothing, Its a migration from J2.5. So Im going into the old Joomla 1.7 and seeing there settings and making sure they all match and they do..still the list is empty.
4. I downloaded every download I was allowed and installed them GROUPJIVE PROFILE BOOK and cannot get them to show on the TABS, like your website does.
5. I would like to set up the PM, do not know how or what to use..any suggestions.
6. CBSUbs installed..cannot get a Tab either.

I spent nearly $500 on the CB system for this client because I ranted and raved about how cool you guys always are, so I am very excited about getting this set up for him. Hopefully I hear back soon. I have a deadline of Friday and the holiday is here.. July 4th!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #230006 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Having a really hard time setting up

Its been a while since I used CB on websites, and a lot has changed. Here is my problems.

I highly suggest reviewing your CB documentation, which you can download from the Advanced downloads section as it will guide you through basic CB usage and setup.

1. My View Profile/User Profile links do not work and I have the menu item set to published, both the CB login module and a Menu Item.

Can you better describe what you mean by "do not work"? Does clicking them go no where? Do they not display?

2. SOBI is installed, but I cannot get the TAB to show in the Profile. Its set to TAB>TABMAIN>REGISTERED

We didn't develop SOBI or its CB plugin so I can't really help you in this regard. You'll need to contact SOBI regarding its usage. If it has a CB plugin then ensure the plugin is enabled within CB > Plugin Management. Also ensure within CB > Tab Management that its tab is published, public, and in a appropriate tab position (not a "not shown on profile" position).

3. MEMBERS AREA list shows nothing, Its a migration from J2.5. So Im going into the old Joomla 1.7 and seeing there settings and making sure they all match and they do..still the list is empty.

Migrations cause ACL mismatching. You need to edit your userlist and adjust the usergroups the list is visible to and re-select the usergroups to include in the userlist. Please also check your Filters and ensure you're not filtering everyone out. You can edit your userlist within CB > List Management.

4. I downloaded every download I was allowed and installed them GROUPJIVE PROFILE BOOK and cannot get them to show on the TABS, like your website does.

Once a plugin is installed. It must be enabled. You can enable plugins within CB > Plugin Management.

5. I would like to set up the PM, do not know how or what to use..any suggestions.

You'll need to install UddeIM and setup the Private Messaging System plugin within CB > Plugin Management. Please see your documentation as mentioned earlier as it'll walk you through setting it up.

6. CBSUbs installed..cannot get a Tab either.

Please see my reply to #4.

I have a deadline of Friday and the holiday is here.. July 4th!

As its been awhile since you've used CB you're basically completely new to CB. This maybe a very unrealistic goal to get up and running depending on your needs. I highly suggest reviewing your documentation as mentioned earlier as it'll help you get setup. We also have some tutorials, which you can find below.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials

Nick has also been doing webinars and walking the audience through CB installation and setup. You can find the videos of the first webinar below, which maybe of great help.

vimeo.com/69058158

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230171 by njjacob
Replied by njjacob on topic Having a really hard time setting up
So you know... I use Chrome for a browser.. I have all the browsers installed but IE is SO slow and Chrome is FASTER for general work on a website.

1. Yes VIEW PROFILE goes to a browser page.. saying "The website encountered an error while retrieving http:/xxxxxxxxxindex.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=143. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly."

2. It is a CB pluign I am using, and I will try the things you said.

Talking about CBSubs only right now..Will try the other stuff and reading DOCs now.. I included a copy of the plugin manager. The CBSubs PLUGIN is enabled. But I will try the docs first.

10 years 9 months ago #230248 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Having a really hard time setting up
If I understand your issue correctly the profile page is timing out? Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once both are set retest your profile and see if issue persists or if an error is now displayed on screen. If issue persists disable non-core CB plugins within CB > Plugin Management, retesting after each one, until issue goes away.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn