Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Auto Action - triggerred by CRON job

• mike5151
  • mike5151
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #233313 by mike5151
Hello

I have a use-case where I am trying to use an internal CRON trigger to fire an auto-action which will then update a CB field value by comparing a member's date of birth with a strotime variable that will allocate the member to a particular age group.

This is for a rugby club; on registration the youth members input their DOB; the auto action then allocates them to an 'age group'- this works fine on first registration.

What I now need to do 1 year after the first implementation is to update all the members 'age group' values - U13s are now U14s etc.

I have attached a screenshot of one of the autoactions.

i have then created a CRON job, which references the 'Internal user URL' and which the server reports runs successfully.

However, the 'Mini/Junior Age group' field value remains unchanged.

Can you advise how I should troubleshoot this please.

Kind regards

Mike
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 8 months ago #233329 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action - triggerred by CRON job
You need to add the Internal Users trigger to your action from the Triggers dropdown. Once done you can use the Internal Users URL found within CB Auto Actions > Config > Internal to trigger it. Note this will fire the action on every single CB user so if you have a lot of users then you need to use it sparingly as at the moment it does not do batching.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mike5151
  • mike5151
10 years 8 months ago #233335 by mike5151
Replied by mike5151 on topic Auto Action - triggerred by CRON job
Kyle

Thank you - I had added but clearly not saved!

That has just updated 1,200 records, all members are now in the right age groups.

If you would like me to write that up as a use case then I am happy to do so.

Thanks for the note re server resources - only needs to run once a year thankfully!

Kind regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon