Need a automatic member number created

10 years 8 months ago #233598 by njjacob
Here is a confusing one for ya! The old website J.15 is which is not up anymore had CB generate a new member number whenever she click the ENABLED button under User Manager, The Member Nr is the USERNAME for them. So if the last USERNAME is 2114, when she clicks the Enabled button 2115 will automatically go into the USERNAME field.

How the HECK do you do that!

This is what she said: Clicking on the red cross under “Enabled” should turn it into a green tick (yes it does), and automatically generate the next available membership number (no it doesn’t). I have allocated membership numbers manually for those I was able to process. Next step is to click on red clock icon under “Approved” and it should turn into a green tick (yes it does).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #233603 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Need a automatic member number created
Never heard of that happening. Synchronize your users from CB > Tools and see if that fixes your issue. CB does not increment usernames. Only user id is incremented and that's done by Joomlas _users table as the ID column is auto increment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #233619 by njjacob
Replied by njjacob on topic Need a automatic member number created
OKAY then is there a way to the Joomla ID as the Joomla USER ID too? And have it populate that field automatically.

10 years 8 months ago #233622 by njjacob
I forgot, I think it is because the USERNAME does match the Joomla ID. Any idea how to make it put that in the field for them automatically.

10 years 8 months ago #233627 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Need a automatic member number created
You want their user id to be their username? Only way to do that is CB Auto Actions using a field action to force username to user id. Example as follows would do this after registration and profile update.

Type: Field
Triggers: onAfterUserUpdate,onAfterUpdateUser,onAfterUserRegistration,onAfterNewUser
Access: Everybody
Field: Username
Operator: Set
Value: [user_id]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #233856 by njjacob
OKAY so I have attached what I did, usually after they approved the user themselves it generates a new user number matching the Joomla USER ID. the next one inline is 2478,

And will what I have actually trigger the system to make the username 2479 if the next Joomla User is 2479

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn