Is there any tips on migrating CB w/subs from one site to another site (both 1.9)

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #233697 by IAAF
I created a whole new site within a new folder (J3) with all the current versions (joomla 3.1, CB 1.9 and CBSubs 3.0.0.

I upgraded CB and CBSubs on the old site (located in another folder) to match current versions. Version of Joomla is still 1.7.3

NOTE: on the main page on backend for CB on the old site I see the version is 1.9 but the Latest Version says: There was a problem with the request. Not sure if I should worry about that or not.

I then transferred all the data from the old site to the new site using SPTransfer and it was quite easy and did a great job. Only the joomla related info was migrated however into the new site. I went into the new site and then synced the user data with CB. All the joomla user data is there but nothing else.

I tried searching this site for any tools to help with the migration of all the CB and CBSubs data but did not find anything. If there isn't anything then I will just export from the old database and import into the new database but thought I would check first here to see if there were any easier (more automated) way :-) - or at least any tips.

The site I'm migrating now only has about 500 members and we are not yet using CBSubs but had the software in place.

I have to do this to a second site after I finish the first and the second one has about 3000 users with years of data for CB and CBSubs so am anticipating this to be more of a challenge.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #233713 by krileon

I upgraded CB and CBSubs on the old site (located in another folder) to match current versions. Version of Joomla is still 1.7.3

Your old site being 1.7 and your new site being 3.0 isn't a migration. It's actually just an upgrade. The upgrade path from 1.7 is 1.7 > 2.5 > 3.0, all of which can be done from Joomlas upgrade component. You don't need to make a new site. At any rate if you want to make a new site all the data is still compatible so just directly copy over your _comprofiler and/or _cbsubs database tables. As long as the user ids remain the same as they did on your old install this should work out perfectly fine.

NOTE: on the main page on backend for CB on the old site I see the version is 1.9 but the Latest Version says: There was a problem with the request. Not sure if I should worry about that or not.

CB version checker failed is all. Could be your host is behind a firewall or if you're using localhost for example and can't reach the internet, etc.. nothing to be real concerned about.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IAAF

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn