style questions for Joomla 3.x CB 1.9 COOLNESS template

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #233839 by IAAF
Is there any tutorial or more in depth documentation on customization?

I'm trying to duplicate the look and feel of my old site using the same COOLNESS template (new version) but have run into a few issues:

1. Our logo image is about 350px and the top navigation bar overlaps on top of it (I made the same changes to the index.php (under the template folder) that I had made on the old site). Since we only have 4 menu items on top along with one search field (located on right), is there a way to easily decrease the size of the width of top menu area. It appears to be centered.

FOUND IT: had to change Coolness template.css #logo from width of 200 to width of 375px;

2. If you decrease the width of the page, the style of the left hand navigation changes to dark background with black text. I have not yet been able to find what causes this. I'm using variable width.

old site
new site
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #233891 by krileon

2. If you decrease the width of the page, the style of the left hand navigation changes to dark background with black text. I have not yet been able to find what causes this. I'm using variable width.

The template has responsive design now. It detects that its width has become smaller so it assumes you're viewing it on a smaller device (like a table or a phone) and changes its styling to fit the device. I believe using fixed width will stop it from doing responsive styling.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IAAF

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.470 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn