using COOLNESS Template: joomla setting (?) div-page-header - appears to be set to 'Home" - how do I remove this?

10 years 6 months ago #234430 by IAAF
not sure how I did this - but can't figure out how to 'undo' it.

'Home' appears on top of some articles and home page as a 'page-header' under the <div class="page-header"> - I know if I go into firebug I can see that if I remove 'Home' from this div class - it is removed from the page (see image), but can't find the right parameter to set in admin backend to turn this off for ALL pages.

I'm sure it is something simple - sorry - just can't find it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #234434 by krileon
You mean "Home" above your "Main Menu"? Looks like a Breadcrumb. Probably published the pathway/breadcrumb module within Extensions > Module Manager.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #234443 by IAAF
omg did not even notice the issue with the breadcrumbs. I did have two breadcrumb modules published - one for position-2 and one for position-breadcrumbs which was probably migrated over so deleted one with the breadcrumbs position.

This helped but am still showing problems - just clicked on each one the Main Menu and latest News links and see the differences in the breadcrumbs - one which an image is attached.
Attachments:

10 years 6 months ago #234444 by krileon
I think Coolness uses position-2 for breadcrumb module position on Joomla 3.0. Just disable the modules if you don't want breadcrumbs. I'm not sure what more to advise, sorry. Coolness only styles breadcrumbs in the location its designated for breadcrumbs or it'd style other stuff incorrectly so it only styles position-2 for breadcrumb display. Ensure you're using the latest release of the Coolness template for your version of Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234728 by IAAF
I'm using all the latest versions of all software now on www.ItsAllAboutFamily.com (finally!). I created a complete new site and have migrated all data from old to new.

I'm using Joomla 3.1.6 though - does that make a difference? I have removed the breadcrumbs but still have the 'Home' on top of each page. No big thing - I'll deal with that later.

Just wanted to thank you for your help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn