History Logs

10 years 6 months ago #234610 by don5420
History Logs was created by don5420
Do the history logs automatically truncate themselves after a period of time? If not, how do you keep them under control? The site has only been up for 1 month and I already have 460,000 entries in my history logs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #234613 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic History Logs
No, but if you have that many you probably have PHP/SQL errors going on constantly and it's logging them. Check it for warnings/errors then fix them if fixable. Otherwise you can prune it manually by emptying the table from phpmyadmin every now and again. Normally it should not fill up that quickly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #234620 by don5420
Replied by don5420 on topic History Logs
Ok, two things. First, I misread the number and it is 46,000 entries not 460,000. Second, there are only 110 errors. The rest are just informational or what is considered 'change log'. Do I have some type of debugging turned on by mistake where it is logging everything?

And at what point are the number of records in this log table going to start affecting the performance of my database?

Any suggestions for automating the cleanup of that table so I don't need to babysit it?

10 years 6 months ago #234622 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic History Logs

Ok, two things. First, I misread the number and it is 46,000 entries not 460,000. Second, there are only 110 errors. The rest are just informational or what is considered 'change log'. Do I have some type of debugging turned on by mistake where it is logging everything?

I see, this is normal then. It logs all of your changes within CBSubs so you have a history of changes made. Everytime you edit and save your plan and something has changed it logs a history entry for it. Same for plan purchase process, etc..

And at what point are the number of records in this log table going to start affecting the performance of my database?

Probably never, the auto increment column can support well over a billion entries. The history table never does full lookup anywhere except in CBSubs > History. In all other cases it's just an insert, which is very fast.

Any suggestions for automating the cleanup of that table so I don't need to babysit it?

You shouldn't need to baby sit it. Just clear it say once a year or every 6 months, etc.. You maybe able to setup a CRON task to empty the table periodically.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds