We appear to have lost connection with Community Builder again - could you please check my account

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234726 by IAAF
I see in my profile on your site that the www.ItsAllAboutFamily.com site as showing up as having a license, but now our community builder profiles on our www.BlairAlumni.org website are not accessible (getting a 404 not found error).

Now that I've completed upgrading the first site (although still having a few issues - please see next ticket), I need to get this Blair site working so that I can begin this upgrade.

Why do I no longer show a license for the BlairAlumni site in my profile on the Joomlapolis site? I always have in the past until my licenses on my profile page here somehow were lost. The ItsAllAboutFamily license was fixed, but not the Blair license. Do I need to purchase another license? I'm not even sure when my license for this site was to expire.

Thanks

Donna
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #234757 by krileon
CBSubs 3.x doesn't have licenses. Install, enable, navigate to CBSubs > Settings, save for the first time, and you're done. Please ensure you're using CBSubs 3.x and not a 2.x release. As a developer subscriber you should have access to and be using CBSubs 3.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #234886 by IAAF
I downloaded the com_cbsubs_gpl_3.0 package and when I tried to install on site, I received an error

There was an error uploading this file to the server.
Unable to find install package

I'm guessing this is exceeding the size limit my webhost has set for php ftp. I have submitted a request to have it increased to at minimum 8 MB but if they can't, in what order could I install the individual pieces of this package?

10 years 6 months ago #234890 by krileon
CBSubs download is an unzip1st package. You need to unpack it then install whatever you need 1 by 1. See your CBSubs documentation for install instructions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234893 by IAAF
thanks - did not see 'unzip_first' in the title so thought the entire package could be installed, sorry - I'm feeling pretty stupid right now :blush:

this is the correct package to load for upgrading right? : CBSubs GPL 3.0 pre-built package with CB - to upgrade from older versions of CB and CBSubs correct? Currently using Joomla 1.7 and very old versions of CB and CBSubs. Have backed up everything because we have about 3000 users all with various subscriptions and several years of billing and payments.

I did not see any instructions within this package and did not see any instructions for installing the package within the cbsubs_manual_3.0.pdf that I downloaded.

10 years 6 months ago #234939 by krileon
If you're using an older version of CB I suggest upgrading CB first by it self then test your site to ensure everything is still functional then upgrade CBSubs after everything is ok. Be sure to make backups during this entire process.

You should download "CBSubs GPL 3.0 package" and unpack it then install each plugin that you need. The pre-built package is a single Joomla installer that installs the items listed in its description automatically, but it's not complete.

Further down in the Developers downloads section below "CBSubs GPL 3.0 package" you'll find "CBSubs GPL 3.0 Documentation" (see instructions beginning on page 43), which is your CBSubs documentation and details installation.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: IAAF

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn