Missing owner user

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234941 by cmrpc
Missing owner user was created by cmrpc
When I use Excel and convert to a CSV to import into my DB I get this error on tools in GroupJive.

:: Group :: Missing owner user

But in the excel doc the owner user ID is there what can I do?

Chris

"People say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Why? Do they think there’s a shortage of bad ones?"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #234953 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Missing owner user
You didn't import a _groupjive_users user for the owner. There should be a fix link next to that to fix this or you can re-save the group from backend to create the user. I highly highly suggest you do not mess with the database directly. You are causing all API calls, triggers, integrations, etc.. to never fire when you do this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234954 by cmrpc
Replied by cmrpc on topic Missing owner user
I am importing large amounts of content and you advised me to do it directly through the database, I am talking about 50-60k of records I need to import.

And this is just a prototype site it could reach 2-4 million records

"People say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Why? Do they think there’s a shortage of bad ones?"

10 years 6 months ago #234956 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Missing owner user
Don't know what to tell you then except use the fix links or also import row for the owner within _groupjive_users. CB has no import tools right now and when you do imports directly to database none of the triggers fire, which cause none of the integrations to fire, and none of the internal API fires (like creation of the owner user).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #234957 by cmrpc
Replied by cmrpc on topic Missing owner user
I guess we shall see what happens I do like the program and hope it fits my needs.

Thanks again for your advice and help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds