cb blogs not working

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234969 by shawneo
cb blogs not working was created by shawneo
I did a fresh install of cb and subs and add on of cb blogs. Thing is when i go to create new blog their is just a blank in the category field when trying to post a new blog. I have tried changing templates and its still the same issue. NOt sure where the issue is. Im using up to date joomla 2.5 install and everything is up to date for cb and cbsubs.

Any clues or should i open and ticket and have u all take a look?

Also, yes i have enabled everything form the config in cb blogs. Even there the category is blank, so yes its blank even from the adminisrator backend. it shouldnt be though as I have created 3 categories that are active in my content area of Joomla and it all works fine if im doing normal articles via the standard joomla post.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #234973 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb blogs not working
You need to configure categories for it. Within Content > Categories create a structure like the below example.

Blogs
- General
- Movies
- Games

Now with the above example categories you'd select Blogs as the Section within CB Blogs > Config > Blogs > CMS.

Your category dropdown should now work fine. Please note it respects access permission so ensure your categories are accessible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sj_polanco

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn