[SOLVED] GroupJive2.7

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #238242 by AIMA12
[SOLVED] GroupJive2.7 was created by AIMA12
I've been trying to set this up for the past day and a half. I'm not getting the same user screen view as shown on the Joomlaplois GJ page (www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/groupjive).

I found the GJ Guide. I would suggest expanding it as it left a lot of questions. After working through the CB Detailed Guide and CB Subs Guide, the GJ guide left a lot in the open as to what could be accomplished.
Going through the forums I found a few things to take into consideration. The tutorial picture book didn't solve my problem either. No real information on the web that deals with CJ above beta or 1.2 versions. Pretty much, a complete video walk through would be nice.

So - GJ User Panel. How do I get the same exact look that is shown in the presentation?

Could my problems come from configuring CB and CBSubs while CJ was also published, but not configured?

I have the member profile from CB set up and it has some of the CJ elements in it. But, on the CJ User Panel I can't seem to edit a user profile there and it looks nothing like the CJ presentation on the Joomlapolis site, which is what I want.

Simply put, I want the User picture and user "flow" that is shown in the CJ Video's. How do I get that? What I successfully did was create a useable mess.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238249 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive2.7

So - GJ User Panel. How do I get the same exact look that is shown in the presentation?

You can't, that's an out of date version of GJ. You can find a more up to date demo site for GJ below.

demotemplate.cbdemosites.com/index.php/groupjive

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238297 by AIMA12
Replied by AIMA12 on topic GroupJive2.7
The link helps with some of the understanding of what the final look should be like. When the final look is really different from the presentation and what is seen in the manual I thought I went and did something wrong.

Where is the configuration setting "edit profile" for the user. For the life of me I can't find it.

10 years 4 months ago #238302 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive2.7
There is no edit profile in GJ. Edit profile is for their CB profile, which is accessed by using the CB Menu when viewing your profile or Joomla menu link to CB edit profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AIMA12

10 years 4 months ago #238304 by AIMA12
Replied by AIMA12 on topic GroupJive2.7
Got it. Thank you.

Now everything is making sense.

Thank you for your patience.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn