Allow admins only to sign up a new user

10 years 4 months ago #238621 by don5420
We need a way to disable everyone else from signing up to a plan except for the admins of the site. Basically they want new users to call in to sign up because they want to screen who is signing up (long story). Anyway, the problem is that if I set the plan to be published but only accessible to super users, you can't sign up new users and have them pay be credit card with that plan. You can still upgrade and renew from the front end if the user already exists. Do you have any ideas on how to allow the super user access to a particular plan for new sign ups but block that same plan from the public?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238645 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Allow admins only to sign up a new user
Are your admins registering users from frontend or backend? If backend you can make it a backend only plan using "Allow access from site frontend:". If frontend then you've no choice but to make it publicly accessible or at least accessible to Registered view access level. You can make the registration page moderator access only though by creating a Joomla menu link to CBs registration page and adjusting its view access level as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238681 by don5420
Replied by don5420 on topic Allow admins only to sign up a new user
They can do it from the backend. The problem I am encountering is how can they account for the payment in cbsubs? When you sign them up through the backend, it just gives them the plan without paying or recording a payment. They need to record the payment for their records.

10 years 4 months ago #238696 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Allow admins only to sign up a new user
Backend skips the entire payment process. To start a subscription they need to navigate to the users profile on frontend and go through the subscription process on the users behalf then simply stop before paying. If it's an offline payment gateway then go to the point where you click the popup then you can pay the basket from backend and log your payment information with it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn