CB 2.0 b2 Blog

10 years 3 months ago #239939 by crealiagroup
CB 2.0 b2 Blog was created by crealiagroup
Hi,

I'm testing Blog functionality. I see that now CB blog is fully integrated into CB meanwhile I was used before to use the CB blog plugin that integrates with K2 and Joomla!

I'm a bit confused. What will happen with CB 2.0 about Blog. Can still use CB blog plugin to let users write artciles into specific category with specific settings? Or this new Blog system will substitute the old plugin functionality?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #239941 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.0 b2 Blog
The CB Blogs built into CB is the CB Blogs plugin, but upgraded. It'll work perfectly fine same as usual.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #239944 by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic CB 2.0 b2 Blog
You mean that actually is not yet integrated with all functionality I was used with CB blog plugin for CB 1.9 and will be integrated when officialli CB2.0 released?

Actually if I click on the CB Blog plugin I don't see the old configuration I was used, for example to set Model /K2, Joomla, etc..)

Found it... :blush:

10 years 3 months ago #239947 by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic CB 2.0 b2 Blog
Ok, now I've setted:

Model: Joomla
Mode: Intro&Full
Section: a joomla section

DEFAULTS parameters

Category: same joomla section

I click in my profile on New Blog and the Create Blog form display me fields but the drop down category field is empty, why?

10 years 3 months ago #239958 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.0 b2 Blog
It behaves exactly the same as CB Blogs.

I click in my profile on New Blog and the Create Blog form display me fields but the drop down category field is empty, why?

The section you selected needs categories that you can access. Example as follows.

Blogs <- section
- General <- category
- Movies
- Games

You need to have access to them though as it will perform access checks. You can see this working in the below screenshots.

Backend:

Frontend:

Leaving Model as Auto Detect won't allow it to display model specific parameters though. So be sure to select Joomla, etc.. as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds