Payment scenario using cbsubs

10 years 3 months ago #239963 by HowardTheDuck
Payment scenario using cbsubs was created by HowardTheDuck
Hello,
I have a scenario when users may need to integrate payments done previously for certain services.

eg. I paid 100$ with a merchandise plan for a service but it turned out that the service was supposed to be more expensive. So I have to add a payment of 50$.

I am thinking to create a donation plan where the user can insert the amount he/she owes. Would it make sense or I should use a different approach? I am planning donation because it is the only option where I can ask the user to put the amount without creating a specific merchandise each time....Eventually I can do that with a merchandise and just change the amount each time? would it work?

Thank you!!
Cristiano

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #239993 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Payment scenario using cbsubs
The best approach is to bite the bullet and consider that money lost. Charging a user because of your error is not good and often causes them to walk away as well as request a refund for what they already paid.

Change the amount of the merchandise plan and all future purchases will be at the new price, but I highly suggest just letting the previous purchases at the lower price not have to pay the difference.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #240002 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Payment scenario using cbsubs
Hi Kyle,
I did not explain correctly. It is not that we make errors it is that we sometimes have customer adding requests to their orders (we offer image retouching services). So, sometimes they paid 100 but ask for another service and we have to add the new service for that order. And the user has to pay accordingly...

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #240005 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Payment scenario using cbsubs
Oh, I see. In that case a donation plan should work out fine as long as you don't need the features that a subscription plan provides.

If you need the features a subscription plan provides you could use a CB Field to contain the amount then use a negative promotion based off that fields value using CBSubs Promotions to increase the price of a subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #240006 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Payment scenario using cbsubs
Hi Kyle,
understood, thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.724 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn