[SOLVED] Blogs

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #240073 by prcua
[SOLVED] Blogs was created by prcua
Hello, I am new to community builder.
Where can I find a tutorial on how to start a blog.
I would like the blog to appear on 1 page where other users, whether registered or not, can comment also on the blog.
Please follow up with me. Tank you very much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #240083 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Blogs
Install CB Blogs then configure it as needed. It has no commenting feature, but it's all managed from their profile. If you set it to use Joomla for its storage then you can use Joomla content extensions to add commenting to blogs or other features to them. To configure it for Joomla you'll need to do the following.

1. Create a Joomla top level Section or Category
2. Add child categories to that top level Section or Category
3. Navigate to CB Blogs > Config > Model and select Joomla
4. Navigate to CB Blogs > Config > CMS and select your top level Section or Category

With the above performed you'll be ready to use CB Blogs which will store all blog entries to Joomla instead of an internal database. Simply navigate to your profile and use the Blogs tab.

An example of how your Joomla categories should be setup as follows.

Blogs <- top level category
- General <- selectable blog categories
- Games
- Movies
- Sports

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #240128 by prcua
Replied by prcua on topic Blogs
Hi Krileon,

Thank you very much for your response, I do appreciate it.
I have taken a different approach to what I am trying to develop for my website.
I will try to take full advantage of Group Jive and it looks like it has everything that I need: wall posts, photos, videos. If I have any further questions, I will surely post them.
Thank you very much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds