Several cb subs configurations

10 years 3 months ago #240127 by Ntelos
Several cb subs configurations was created by Ntelos
Hello there.

I need to ask the following:

1) Through a cb subs plan, can i adjust the joomla template that the user in this plan will see?
2) I need to have a menu item in cb menu where it will point to an external url but i need the user to insert the external url. So, i need a menu item (external url) that will be different to every cb user (like cb fields that take different values between cb users).
3) In a cb subs plan, is there a way to give access and view to a specific article?

Thank you in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #240129 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Several cb subs configurations

1) Through a cb subs plan, can i adjust the joomla template that the user in this plan will see?

No, not unless you've some sort of template manager extension that allows you to assign a Joomla template to a specific user id. In which case you'd be able to adjust that value using CBSubs, but CBSubs it self won't serve them a Joomla template based off subscription.

2) I need to have a menu item in cb menu where it will point to an external url but i need the user to insert the external url. So, i need a menu item (external url) that will be different to every cb user (like cb fields that take different values between cb users).

Dynamic menu URLs are not possible in Joomla unless you've some sort of extension that can hook into a menu and alter it dramatically before display. As far as I am aware there's no such extension available to do this. Your best approach is building a menu dynamically using CB Content and substitutions, but you'll need to supply all the HTML for the menu display.

3) In a cb subs plan, is there a way to give access and view to a specific article?

Yes, install the CBSubs Content integration then on Integrations > Content within your plan you can protect specific articles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #240162 by Ntelos
Replied by Ntelos on topic Several cb subs configurations
OK with first one. As with 2nd one is there a way to create a button leading to URL field and have a menu item linked to this field somehow?

10 years 3 months ago #240184 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Several cb subs configurations

As with 2nd one is there a way to create a button leading to URL field and have a menu item linked to this field somehow?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. You want to link to a specific CB field? No that's not possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn