[SOLVED] Language Strings one works the other not

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #240166 by HowardTheDuck
Hello Guys,
I am translating plans name/description etc but I am having an issue right at the beginning:

"_PLAN_FREE" => "My Free Plan",
"_PLAN_FREE_DESC" => "My Free Plan Desxritpion",

The first is correctly picked up. The second...no way, I get my _PLAN_FREE_DESC define.
Any Idea? Lastly is there any chance to include HTML formatting in the description even if I need to have it multilanguage?

Thanks
Cristiano

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #240185 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language Strings one works the other not
The description needs to be exactly the language string. So ensure you're using the editor in Source mode so no surrounding p elements will be added (all Joomla editors do this by default). If you need HTML in it you'll need to add the HTML to the language string translation and not to the description it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #240188 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Language Strings one works the other not
yes, i read that note. In fact I am using TextWrangler on my mac and saving with UTF-8.
And in the description field of the plan I have

_PLAN_FREE_DESC

But no way...

10 years 2 months ago #240230 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language Strings one works the other not
Are you adding the language string to the CBSubs language plugin or CBs language plugins? The string should be added to CBSubs language files below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptions-en-gb/language.php

If the file is missing be sure to install the English language plugin provided with the CBSubs package then add your string to the above and it should work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago #240240 by HowardTheDuck
Hi Kyle,
yes, I am using the CBSUBS language plugin. And indeed I succeded in having strings replaced in the offline test site. So in english I have one text and in Italian another.

When I do the exact same configuration on live site, the system does not do the translation but only pick up the "variable". I really don't understand why. There are no characters causing conflicts for what I see (not using joomla editors and similars).

But what I also discovered now (still not happening on test site) is that after uploading the new italian.php file on live site, I lost (only for Italian) all fields names...so I have
_UE_CAPTCHA_Label:
_UE_YOUR_FNAME:
* _UE_FIELDREQUIRED _UE_FIELDNOPROFILE _UE_INFORMATION_FOR_FIELD
_UE_YOUR_LNAME:

etc. in the registration page. Any idea? Could be the two things connected?

Thanks again, sorry for this boring issue!
Cristiano

10 years 2 months ago #240242 by HowardTheDuck
Well, second issue solved by uploading again the Italian (CB, not CBSUBS) language file.
But the other one still not solved...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn