[SOLVED] Language Strings one works the other not

10 years 2 months ago #240250 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language Strings one works the other not
If you have only an English CBSubs language plugin then it won't load when your language is set to Italian so the string will only work in English. You can try adding the string to your CB Italian and English language plugins to see if it'll translate from there instead of CBSubs language plugin. Aside from that I've no idea why it'd work on your test site and not your live site; perhaps an error in how you added the string? Maybe a space that shouldn't be there?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #240261 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Language Strings one works the other not
No, no, I have two cbsubs languages installed (the default english and the Italian). When I load the registration page with the plans, the string isn't loaded nor in english nor in Italian. But is is loaded in test site.
Crazy thing...there are no spaces and similars....just the variable: free_desc (that I put in the description field of the plan - the plan is free so i called it free_desc for description field).
And then I put the same variable in both languages files like:

"free_desc" => "my description",

No way. I understand I cannot have additional help because everything seems in place. Will keep investigating hoping to find a solution. Thanks anyway
Cristiano

10 years 2 months ago #240264 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Language Strings one works the other not
Hi Kyle, Hi All,
found the solution that I am reporting as it may be useful for others.

To solve the issue, I needed to edit the plan and delete the description. Then save. Then open and add the new string.

For some reasons, if I just delete the old description and write the new (in my case the language string) without first saving, the system was presumibly keeping some dirty character or similar. Something like using a joomla editor that I was NOT in fact using.

Hope this helps!

Thank you
Cristiano

10 years 2 months ago #240272 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language Strings one works the other not
Strange, thanks for providing your solution. We'll take a look at this for next CBSubs release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn