Substituting Tabs for Fields

10 years 2 months ago #240698 by prcua
Substituting Tabs for Fields was created by prcua
Hello, I was just wondering if you could provide a bit more detailed step-by-step instructions on how substituting tabs for fields can be accomplished. I followed the previous instructions, however I am not sure If I need to create this field delimiter in the field management section? When I go to the field management section and add a new field, it gives me the option to choose "fields delimiter" (which is spelled backwards). Then where do I input the code, simply into the description area? Do I need to disable the tab that it is referencing? Sorry, it simply isn't working for me like I wanted it and I am confused why. Below are the steps that I followed, I attached an image of what I did. Also as a note it is a AcyMailing tab that I am trying to display as a field. Thanks for your help!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sometimes you don't want to use a tab, but would love for it to be an actual field instead. This is very possible without breaking the structure of the tab and the usage of the tab while having the benefit of it being a field. Using a Delimiter field you'll need to add the following substitution.

[cb:usertab tab="##" user="#displayed" /]

You'll need to replace ## with the ID (found in Tab Management) of the actual tab you wish to display. Now save your Delimiter field as appropriately, but this isn't enough! If you leave the tab you're trying to render visible as well they'll conflict! So you'll now need to navigate to Tab Management and edit the tab. Then move its position to a "Not displayed on profile" location (doesn't matter which). You now have a working tab as a field!

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #240703 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Substituting Tabs for Fields
Your screenshot looks correct, but be sure to click "Toggle editor" so you're using it without auto-formatting then add your substitution as it could've been escaped by the editor. Next ensure the tab you want to substitute is public, published, and in a not shown on profile tab position.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn