[SOLVED] French accents now showing properly in plan subscription, but in tab names

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 1 month ago #241207 by MacPhotoBiker
Hi,

I have a tabbed subscription form in French. In the tab titles, accents show correctly, but in the plan description they don't:

How could I fix that?

And on a related note: Where could I modify the format how the date is displayed?

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241244 by krileon

How could I fix that?

You need to use valid UTF8 characters.

And on a related note: Where could I modify the format how the date is displayed?

You can't, it's calculated and can't be altered. You can re-arrange its display a little bit using its language string, but you won't be able to change the format it outputs as.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241717 by MacPhotoBiker

How could I fix that?

Sorry, I have to open this ticket again. You said I should use valid UTF 8 characters, but I believe that's what I'm doing. This is how it looks in "french.php"

However, this is how it looks on the frontend:

I believe I should tell CBSubs somewhere that it should expect UTF 8, but I could not figure out where to do this.

Could you help me out?

Thanks!
Attachments:

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241739 by nant

MacPhotoBiker wrote:

How could I fix that?

Sorry, I have to open this ticket again. You said I should use valid UTF 8 characters, but I believe that's what I'm doing. This is how it looks in "french.php"

However, this is how it looks on the frontend:

I believe I should tell CBSubs somewhere that it should expect UTF 8, but I could not figure out where to do this.

Could you help me out?

Thanks!

Is your french.php file saved as utf8 ?

Also the correct filename should not be french.php.
Please check this article:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki

Latest french plugin for CB can be found here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-fr/files

10 years 2 months ago #242557 by MacPhotoBiker
Replied by MacPhotoBiker on topic Solved it
Hi,

thanks again for your feedback, and for pointing out the UTF-8 encoding.

Just in case somebody stumbles across this post, here's what I did to solve the problem:

First I made sure that the text editor (Geany) on my local machine (Linux Mint 15) creates filed by default using UTF-8 encoding. Then, I copied all content from /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionsfrench/french.php into a new file in Geany, and then simply overwrote the existing french.php. That did the trick, and French accents now show properly.

Merci! :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

10 years 2 months ago #242589 by MacPhotoBiker
Replied by MacPhotoBiker on topic Registration in French, Payment slip in English
Hi,

sorry, I have to open this ticket again. Registration in French works now, for example "valid from now on" is being properly translated:

"valid from now on"=>"valide à la réception du paiement",

However, the payment slip is still shown in English, despite the fact that French translation is available in the same file:
"If you pay by check, please print and enclose this page with your check." => "Si vous payez par chèque, veuillez imprimer ce document et le joindre à votre chèque.",

What would I need to do in order to have the payment slip being shown in the selected language?

Merci!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn