[SOLVED] French accents now showing properly in plan subscription, but in tab names

10 years 1 month ago #242636 by krileon
Please edit your offline payment gateway within CBSubs > Gateways then take the exact language strings used there for the payment slip and translate them. Note some editors will pad text with elements so be sure to click "View Source" or similar button to ensure you're editing the raw value to remove any hidden tags.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #242804 by MacPhotoBiker
Hi Kyle,

thanks for pointing the issue related to "source code". On my end, it was not even enough to edit source code and remove the tags, I actually have to toggle the editor, so it would only show in text mode. (I was able to do so only after installing the JCE editor).

Unfortunately, I'm still having issues with the correct translations. Here's what I did:

In the English translation file for CBSubs
(components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptions-en-gb/language.php), I defined this:

"_Cheque_Instructions_Text_" => "EN1: If you pay by cheque, please print and enclose this page with your cheque",
"_PAYMENT_ITEM_TEXT_PLAN_1_YEAR_" => "EN1: 1 Year Membership",

In the French translation file for CBSubs (components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionsfrench/french.php), I defined this:

"_Cheque_Instructions_Text_" => "FR1: If you pay by cheque, please print and enclose this page with your cheque",
"_PAYMENT_ITEM_TEXT_PLAN_1_YEAR_" => "FR1: 1 Year Membership",

Now, after the ENGLISH registration process, the payment slip shows the proper wording in English:

However, after the FRENCH registration process, it picks the ARTICLE in French (which is correct), but it picks the Payment Information still from the ENGLISH settings:

Would you be able to figure out what I'm missing here? The settings on both languages are identical, I do not understand why the French process picks the translation from the English language file and not from French file, or at least from the default file (in case my constant definition in French would be wrong).

Thanks!
Attachments:

10 years 1 month ago #242826 by krileon
Your french language plugin has legacy names. That's likely causing its loading to not properly work. Please rename it as follows.

cbpaidsubscriptionsfrench => cbpaidsubscriptions-fr-fr

french.php => language.php

The tag used in the folder name needs to match the tag Joomla it self would see and use for that language. Navigate to Extensions > Language Manager to see what tag to use (all lowercase). Please see the English language plugin for example of file structure and naming.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacPhotoBiker

10 years 1 month ago #242834 by MacPhotoBiker
Hi Kyle,

thank you very much, that did the trick.

I had downloaded the French CBSubs language files from here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2790

and I just left the names unchanged. It "somehow" seemed to work, that's why I had left it untouched. But then, the files are from 2011.

Anyway, this helped me to get a better understanding how the translation process works.

Thank you very much again for your help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn