[SOLVED] Password reset emails not sending

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241262 by WebJIVE
It seems as though password reset emails are not begin sent but, if I use the CB user manager to mass mail myself, the email does go out.

How can we troubleshoot this? urotoday.com

Please feel free to create an account, they are free.

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241268 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Password reset emails not sending
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then switch to default Joomla template. Now re-test and see if there are any on-screen errors and/or an on-screen message informing you what happened.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241278 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic Password reset emails not sending
OK, figured this out. Client said emails weren't going out but they are. They are trying to frontend reset passwords for admin accounts. Working for regular accounts.

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

10 years 2 months ago #241292 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Password reset emails not sending
Ok, yeah that's normal. Admin accounts can't use forgot login as Joomla won't allow a user store to an admin account while not logged in as an admin account (security feature in Joomla).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.347 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn