query from table to field txt

10 years 2 months ago #242390 by wavi
query from table to field txt was created by wavi
is possible from a query (same database) create a text field with autoaction ?

In other word i want get data from another extension and put in a text field of CB for the scope geolocation use this.
i try with query and db lookup and query work but only for display, ..geolocation required read from data.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #242392 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic query from table to field txt
CB Query Field can query information from a database and display it as a field, but it's not going to be a text field. I'm not sure the purpose of displaying it as a text field as the query would just continue to override the value added to the field. I've no idea how Geolocation extension works, but if it used proper getFields API or substitution API it won't matter that it's a query field as the value will pull fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago #242394 by wavi
Replied by wavi on topic query from table to field txt
explain better:
like use geocodefactory, this read the data from cb_lat cb_long and other field mappable BUT required is text file , now i want grab the field of location (lat,lon,city,country,address etc) from jReviews to CB field for use with geocodefactory.

I have a right query for import in CB but geocodefactory not able read query field required text field.

10 years 2 months ago #242397 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic query from table to field txt
You'll need to contact the developers of geocodefactory. They're not using CB API properly to pull field values. They should not be using a direct database query (which is probably why it requires a field that stores to _comprofiler), but instead using getFields API which is documented below.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/120-api-usage/18361-obtaining-field-values-through-getfields-api

I suppose you could try using CB Auto Actions to update a text fields value to your query fields value using a field action on profile update trigger or whatever other trigger you'd like to use, but that's not exactly ideal as it could be easy for these values to go out of sync.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn