Kunena Display Option

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #242920 by allenjj
Kunena Display Option was created by allenjj
I am using Community Builder along with CB Subs as the login controls for my site with Kunena as the forum software. Dispite making changes in the user profiles for how the forums should display, it does not seem to actually effect the way the forums display. Any thoughts? (www.cdmas.org)

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #242981 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Kunena Display Option

Dispite making changes in the user profiles for how the forums should display

Please be more specific as to exactly what was changed. Please also be sure you're using CB Forum and not Forum Integration as Forum Integration is officially replaced by CB Forums in CB 2.0. With CB Forums you need to select what fields it should map certain Kunena values from and it'll push the values straight to Kunena after profile update or registration as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #243050 by allenjj
Replied by allenjj on topic Kunena Display Option
I have both published (cb forums and cb forum integration. So I should deleted forum integration? Then map fields? I am using CB 1.91

John

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #243051 by allenjj
I am also using Kunena 3.05 and only see options for Kunena 2 in the cb forum. I have cb forum 3.0 installed, is there a newer version?

John

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #243054 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Kunena Display Option

I have both published (cb forums and cb forum integration. So I should deleted forum integration?

You don't need Forum Integration and CB Forums at the same time. Disable Forum Integration (you can't uninstall it in CB 1.x) within CB > Plugin Management. Next navigate to CB Forums > Config > Models > Kunena 2.0. From there you can configure field mapping and various other settings.

Then map fields?

You still have not been specific as to what you're doing and what you've configured so I've no idea what outcome you're expecting and as a result have no idea what to suggest.

I am also using Kunena 3.05 and only see options for Kunena 2 in the cb forum

They both use the same API so you just need to configure under Kunena 2.0 and it'll work fine.

I have cb forum 3.0 installed, is there a newer version?

Yes, but it's built into CB 2.0 and not a standalone release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #243059 by allenjj
Ok. I an unpublishing Forum Integration. In the user profile, when a user sets message ordering to oldest post first, or newest post first, I am hoping it would over ride the default display setting for kunena and display posts according to the users preferences. When I set oldest post first in my user profile, with the default settings for forum display set to newest post first, when I enter a forum thread, it still displays newest post first. I have set the options in models for Kunena 2.0 for field mappings. Lastly where would I find the new version of cb forums? or did you mean that version 3.0 is the latest?

krileon wrote:

I have both published (cb forums and cb forum integration. So I should deleted forum integration?

You don't need Forum Integration and CB Forums at the same time. Disable Forum Integration (you can't uninstall it in CB 1.x) within CB > Plugin Management. Next navigate to CB Forums > Config > Models > Kunena 2.0. From there you can configure field mapping and various other settings.

Then map fields?

You still have not been specific as to what you're doing and what you've configured so I've no idea what outcome you're expecting and as a result have no idea what to suggest.

I am also using Kunena 3.05 and only see options for Kunena 2 in the cb forum

They both use the same API so you just need to configure under Kunena 2.0 and it'll work fine.

I have cb forum 3.0 installed, is there a newer version?

Yes.

John

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn