Kunena Display Option

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #243063 by allenjj
Replied by allenjj on topic Kunena Display Option
I have ordering mapped to message ordering and viewtype mapped to prefered viewtype. When I unpublished forum integration, the forum display options disappeared from the cb user profile.

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #243064 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Kunena Display Option

when a user sets message ordering to oldest post first, or newest post first, I am hoping it would over ride the default display setting for kunena and display posts according to the users preferences. When I set oldest post first in my user profile, with the default settings for forum display set to newest post first, when I enter a forum thread, it still displays newest post first. I have set the options in models for Kunena 2.0 for field mappings.

Please review the description carefully next to each input in the field mapping. It expects specific values to be sent to Kunena. Ordering expects values of 0 and 1. So a checkbox field would be most ideal for this usage or use of CB 2.0 where field value and label can be separate. The old built in fields which you're using from Forum Integration will not work for this usage.

Lastly where would I find the new version of cb forums? or did you mean that version 3.0 is the latest?

Sorry, I should have clarified. Latest release is built into CB 2.0 and not a standalone release, but current 3.0 release will work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #243079 by allenjj
Replied by allenjj on topic Kunena Display Option
Ok. I created a tab called forum options, then created a field called forum display options as an integer field with values of either 0 or 1. I then mapped the kunena 2.0 ordering to forum display options. Changing the value in my user profile did nothing to the kunena display. So then I created another field called forum display ordering as a multi check box with options set to 0 or 1. Mapped that field to ordering and same result, the forum still displays newest message first.

John

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #243087 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Kunena Display Option
Review _kunena_users database table and ensure the "ordering" column for your Kunena user row is being changed after saving profile edit with the correct values.

CB Forums will accept the following values for ordering (the 2 text values will change to 0/1 as needed).

_UE_ORDERING_OLDEST, Oldest, 0
_UE_ORDERING_LATEST, Latest, 1

It will not synchronize any of this if your user does not have a Kunena user row. So you may need to run user sync in Kunena if your Kunena user row doesn't exist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn