[SOLVED] CB Quickstart Pro installation on Joomla 3.2.3 problem

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #242930 by agouldtdc
I have just created a new installation of J3.2.3 on WAMP and installed a new CB Quickstart Pro package.

The installation is fine but none of the predefined configurations are shown on either the site or admin interfaces. Also in the Admin interface CB, GroupJive and CB Subs are not assigned to a module position. I assigned CB to the menu position but did not select Dropdown as the Output and now I cannot change this because the CB menu obscures all the options!

I can do another install but there does appear to be a problem with the CB Quickstart install on J3.2.3, unless of course it is me...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #242940 by nant

agouldtdc wrote: I have just created a new installation of J3.2.3 on WAMP and installed a new CB Quickstart Pro package.

The installation is fine but none of the predefined configurations are shown on either the site or admin interfaces. Also in the Admin interface CB, GroupJive and CB Subs are not assigned to a module position. I assigned CB to the menu position but did not select Dropdown as the Output and now I cannot change this because the CB menu obscures all the options!

I can do another install but there does appear to be a problem with the CB Quickstart install on J3.2.3, unless of course it is me...

Please download the CB Quickstart Pro package from the CB Packager page here:

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/cb-package-builder

scroll to end of page to see the Preset area.

Downloading from here will make sure that you have the latest CB 191 and the latest versions of the add-ons - this way Joomla 3.0 compatibility is insured.

10 years 1 month ago #242950 by agouldtdc
Thanks - that is what I did. I will try again.

10 years 1 month ago #242954 by agouldtdc
Just done a fresh install and the same thing: the CB site and admin modules are not configured or published (e.g not assigned a module positions).

I have published the admin module correctly this time so the admin interface is not obscured.

So I have done another (!) fresh install but this time used the CB Quickstart Pro I used when I did the original J3.1 installation and that one works. However CB is not the latest version so I updated this post-installation.

So there must be a configuration issue here, though I am not sure where it is. My latest CB Quickstart Pro has most of the downloads included unlike the first (e.g. does not have CB Subs). I wonder if anyone else can repeat this; try a J3.2.3 install and then a CB Quickstart Pro with all Developer options included.

10 years 1 month ago #242991 by krileon
CB Quickstart Pro is a Preset found at the bottom of our package builder. You need to click its download button. If you select packages and use the download button under the packages you are not downloading CB Quickstart Pro and it will not auto configure; you instead are downloading a custom install package that simple installs what was selected (does not configure them).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: agouldtdc

10 years 1 month ago #242993 by agouldtdc
Ah so it is me misunderstanding how this works. Sorry I thought you could build the package and then this was configured.

Thanks for the explanation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn