CB 1.3.1 question

10 years 1 month ago #243159 by WebJIVE
CB 1.3.1 question was created by WebJIVE
We have a client still on Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.3.1. They don't have the budget to upgrade the whole thing to the latest J and CB.

My question is, is there a plugin that will allow us to run a SQL action against a CSV file or against a MSSQL server? They have some employee data they are importing now manually but, they want to fully automate this process from an external MSSQL server. The J 1.5 site they have is on a Windows server running PHP 5.2.6

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #243160 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 1.3.1 question
Nothing we currently provide will work on CB 1.3. You'd need to develop something to do that or see if you can backport one of our plugins. CB 1.9.1 will work just fine on Joomla 1.5 so there's really no reason to not upgrade CB unless they've loads of custom modifications to core code. If they don't then it's a matter of say 5 minutes to install 1.9.1 and you can use all of our current released plugins. For your particular usage you could use CB Query Field to query their external database and display the data as a field or multiple fields on a users profile, but you'll need 1.9 to use it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago #243168 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic CB 1.3.1 question
Thanks Kyle, I think the upgrade route will be best. What would you suggest? Have them export a CSV nightly and if so, how would we automate that pull OR use the SQL actions plugin and if so, will it talk with MSSQL?

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

10 years 1 month ago #243227 by krileon
All you need to upgrade is CB it self. This assumes they don't have core modifications in place as upgrading will remove those. You should do a full backup of the site (filesystem and database) encase you need to roll back. Once done review the README included in the CB package for upgrade procedure as I'm unsure if 1.3.1 can be auto upgraded without any manual work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago #243233 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic CB 1.3.1 question
I think you missed this part of the question? :)

What would you suggest? Have them export a "CSV" nightly and if so, how would we automate that pull OR use the SQL actions plugin and if so, will it talk with MSSQL?

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

10 years 1 month ago #243242 by krileon
You don't need to export anything. CB Query Field directly queries the database for the data. It can do so on Internal (Joomla) database or External (provide database connection details). So the database it queries doesn't even have to be on the same server/site.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds