Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Creating a list of things (not users)

• redhart
  • redhart
9 years 11 months ago #245309 by redhart
Creating a list of things (not users) was created by redhart
Hey Guys,

Just after some direction. If I wanted to create a TAB that contained a list of things (lets say "Favorite Movies") and I wanted the user to be able to add their own collection (searchable by other users) can this be done without writing a plugin?

I know the fields I want (e.g. Picture, Title, Rating)
I want it to look like the "Blogs" tab. A button for new item with a table containing their items.

I think I know the answer. I cant code! Perhaps a nice simple visual editor in CB 2.0 would make life easier :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 11 months ago #245360 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Creating a list of things (not users)
No, not currently. That's called a repeating field, which we should have available in CB 2.1 once frontend is XML driven. For now it would take a custom plugin similar to CB Blogs to handle this. Alternative is making multiple sets of your fields over and over, conditioning them using CB Conditional to show based off a dropdown value, then formatting their output into a table using delimiter field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• redhart
  • redhart
9 years 11 months ago #245441 by redhart
Replied by redhart on topic Creating a list of things (not users)
Thanks Kyle, really appreciate your response!!! Hurry up and wait I guess.

Alternative will be find a coder to help in the mean time :)

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 11 months ago #245458 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Creating a list of things (not users)
You maybe able to use a 3rd party extension that'll let your users create lists of items then display them on profile using a CB Query Field. I'm not sure what extension you'd use to do this, but there might be something on Joomla.org extension directory.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon