Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Set strict db types

• popROAR
  • popROAR
9 years 11 months ago #245506 by popROAR
Set strict db types was created by popROAR

Table #__comprofiler Column cb_thing type is tinyint(4) instead of text

The CB fields data storage database structure differences can be fixed (adjusted) by clicking here: Click here to Fix (adjust) all CB fields data storage database differences listed above (you can also Click here to preview fixing (adjusting) queries in a dry-run), but in all cases you need to backup database first as this adjustment is changing the database structure to match the needed structure for the installed version.

The fieldtype is a querytype (queryradio) and I wish to store this as an ID to that other table but if I manually adjust the db to make it an int type I get this warning. As I have queries that reference the table by id it seems best to store this as an int rather than text. I do not know where to change this requirement as some fields are labeled

exists but is not of strict type, so not checked.

I thought I could change something in the comprofiler_fields table but I don't see anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 11 months ago #245510 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Set strict db types
Query fields can't know what type of data is being used in advance so its type is always text to support any kind of value usage. You can change this in database, but yes tools is going to throw that notice. Just don't click the fix link and you're fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: popROAR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon