Ticket support request

9 years 11 months ago #245551 by puniksem
Ticket support request was created by puniksem
I am a developer subscription purchaser, however I am forced to submit my complete site and server login detail in order to submit a a support request:

Dear support, we paid for the DEVELOPERS package believing we could integrate the CB Subscriptions service within our Joomla 2.5.20 installation and integrate the subscriptions service with our core element JomSocial. However our test site was full of errors and incompatibilities that we could not resolve with Joomla support or JomSocial technical support.

Our final site commission requires a subscription service and relies upon JomSocial as the core, we found that your CB core caused too many inconsistencies and therefore were forced to rebuild the entire site from the ground up without the CB core installed. Since then our site has been 100% stable but now needs monetisation to progress.

My initial question is, can the CB subscriptions service be integrated with JomSocial without the need to install that entire CB core? The subscription service is required to monetise our site, and has already set us back considerably for the CB developers package.

Our PHP version is 5.4.26 (not even listed) in your ticket drop-down selector.

I am not prepared to offer our server login or admin details until we have established a suitable rapport on this ticket.

TICKET REQUIRED INFORMATION:

Joomlapolis username (Support for CBSubs customers only) is required
You have a backup of site in case ? is required
Superadmin username is required
Superadmin password (PLEASE test that it works!) is required
Server error log (Joomla debug mode and maximum error reporting on) is required

You should NOT insist on this information being submitted at the onset of a support ticket.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #245556 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Ticket support request

Dear support, we paid for the DEVELOPERS package believing we could integrate the CB Subscriptions service within our Joomla 2.5.20 installation and integrate the subscriptions service with our core element JomSocial. However our test site was full of errors and incompatibilities that we could not resolve with Joomla support or JomSocial technical support.

CBSubs is for CB and works on CB using CB API. It is not a JomSocial plugin. It however can control some aspects of JomSocial using By URL Part protection provided by CBSubs Content by protecting URLs. Aside from that I can't guarantee any further functionality with JomSocial.

Our final site commission requires a subscription service and relies upon JomSocial as the core, we found that your CB core caused too many inconsistencies and therefore were forced to rebuild the entire site from the ground up without the CB core installed. Since then our site has been 100% stable but now needs monetisation to progress.

You're basically running 2 social networks on top of one another. This is guaranteed to cause issues as both CB and JomSocial have their own interactions with Joomla user data, registrations, logins, etc..

My initial question is, can the CB subscriptions service be integrated with JomSocial without the need to install that entire CB core?

No.

You should NOT insist on this information being submitted at the onset of a support ticket.

You don't have to. Put fake information and let us know in the ticket if you want. A username and password of private/private for example would even be fine. You disclose whatever information you like, but requiring what we need to investigate installations speeds up the support progress significantly. If the error log is empty or you don't want to disclose it then put "none". The JP username is absolutely required so we can verify your subscription state.

Also note if your support question contains no sensitive data (login details, etc..) then it's recommended to post to our support forums directly. The ticket system is for private interactions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: puniksem

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn