Field limitation

9 years 11 months ago #245639 by Andromeda57
Field limitation was created by Andromeda57
Some time ago, we just mentioned that we can not integrate enough text fields.

This should be better in CB 2.0. Now we got the Dev Membership to test it again. And we can not create enough text fields.

So we can't realize our project with CB ?? Really absolut not enough fields.... :((

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #245646 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field limitation
You're using CB 2.0 and still can't create more fields? Try running CB > Tools and let it check your database. We've changed the table engines to InnoDB, which should easily allow up to 1,000 fields. However, we do not force this change on upgrade installs, but it can be fixed by running CB > Tools database checks.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #245859 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Field limitation
Hi, yes we updated from CB 1.9.1 to CB 2.0 Beta 4.

And we can not create more fields..

We've tested the CB Tools for Database repair, but still can't create more fields after doing that.

ERROR:

Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `xx_comprofiler` ADD `cb_test55` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL

9 years 10 months ago #245870 by krileon
Navigate to _comprofiler with phpmyadmin and verify that the database engine for all _comprofiler tables is InnoDB. You shouldn't have any issues if they're all InnoDB and should be able to create up to 1,000 fields. CB > Tools database checks should look for this and offer a fix link. If it didn't work please change the database engine manually and see if issue resolves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 10 months ago #245898 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Field limitation
Thanks for your help.

Is it possible to change comprofiler table to InnoDB when using CBC 1.9.1 so that more fields can be created?

Thanks
Tobias

9 years 10 months ago #245934 by krileon
Yes, be sure to make a backup of your database before changing all _comprofiler tables engine to InnoDB just encase.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds