Error

Please login first

Which plugins do I need

9 years 11 months ago #245717 by Freshpage
Which plugins do I need was created by Freshpage
I would like to do the following:

1) During registration, users choose whether they want to apply for full membership or associate membership

2) Their choice dictates the fields they have to fill on the registration form

3) Their choice dictates the amount of money they have to pay for a year's subscription.

4) Their choice dictates their Joomla ACL level.

Is the above possible, and if so I would be really grateful if you would scetch an outline of the plugins I need and why. I know I will need CB Subs and CB conditional. Maybe also CB auto action for the ACL part?

Thanks for any help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #245721 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Which plugins do I need
You could use CBSubs entirely or a combination of a few plugins. With CBSubs you could have two plans (full and associate). On the workflows tabs of each of those plans you'd configure them to hide fields on registration that isn't relative to them. Next on the Access tab you'd set what usergroup they should have assigned. Each plan would have a different price so that'd determine how much they pay (I assume full more expensive than associate). You'd then need CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection so you can hide the same fields you hid on registration on the users profile as well.

The alternative is a combination of CB Conditional, CB Auto Actions, and CBSubs. CB Conditional to show/hide fields based of a select field that determines profile type. CB Auto Actions to assign the usergroup based off the profile type field. Then CBSubs for the memberships.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freshpage

9 years 11 months ago #245724 by Freshpage
Replied by Freshpage on topic Which plugins do I need
Great, thanks.

I'll try to keep it simple and just use CBSubs, and see if that does everything I need.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn