How to temporarily stop all CB Subs emails?

9 years 10 months ago #246266 by stuntlist
Hi,

We are in the process of migrating a Joomla 1.5 site with CB and SB Subs to Joomla 3.3.1.

Until the new site is live we do not want any emails to be sent to users especially about their CB Subs subscription expiring. I have done the following things, but the expiry email is still being sent out:
  1. Joomla Global Config > Server >
    - Send Mail = No
    - Mailer = SMTP
    - Password = blank
  2. CB Subs > Settings >
    - Global > Mass expiry settings > Cron (make sure no cron job setup)
    - Global > Mass expiry settings > Maximum /cron run: 1
    - Global > Automated payments > Maximum /cron run: 1
    - Mailer > Enabled = No
    - no cron job setup for the account
  3. CB
    - /administrator/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php - comment out line 172 and add new line after it with: $mailSent = true; // Line49 hack to stop email
    - unpublish CBSubs Mailer plugin and CBSubs email plugin

I don't want to have to go into every one of our CB Subs plans and remove the email messages so they are blank. Is there somewhere else that I can 'hack' temporarily to make sure that no email is sent from CB Subs?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #246325 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to temporarily stop all CB Subs emails?
Joomla has added a parameter that shuts off emails, which CB will respect in CB 2.0. For CB 1.x you'll need to setup the Joomla mailer parameters to be invalid until you're ready for CB to send emails. Try settings your mailer to SMTP and supplying all invalid information (invalid username, password, host, port, form name, from address, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 10 months ago #246329 by stuntlist
Replied by stuntlist on topic How to temporarily stop all CB Subs emails?
Hi Kyle,

CB is fine, it doesn't seem to be sending out emails, it is CB Subs that still is sending out the expiry emails. As noted above I have already changed the Joomla Global Configuration to SMTP and put in a blank password and username. But we are still getting out the expiry email when you go into CB Subs > Settings. I also have the expiry CB Subs setting set to Cron only, so I don't know why going into CB Subs > Settings is triggering the email. It doesn't seem to be using the Joomla Global email setting since the emails are coming out.

Thank you.

9 years 10 months ago #246332 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to temporarily stop all CB Subs emails?
Are you sure they're CBSubs emails that are sending? I just don't see how that's possible. If CBSubs is set to CRON only and your Joomla global mailer settings are invalid then it's impossible for CBSubs to send them. The only reason I can see this happening is the emails have already been sent to your mail server and they're queued. As a last resort you can edit comprofilerMail within the below file and add return true; to the top of it to stop the function from doing anything.

administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn