Change link to profile Itemid

9 years 9 months ago #246606 by stuntlist
Change link to profile Itemid was created by stuntlist
Hi,

We have setup our CB lists so they are the full width of the template, no sidebar. But now when you click into a user's profile, the profile becomes full width as well. We want the profile to not be full width, but to have a sidebar, ie use the normal template layout.

I think the Itemid of the CB list is being added to the profile link, so we need to change the Itemid to one that is not full width. We have setup a CB list that is not full width, so we could use that Itemid, but I don't know how/where to change the Itemid to get this working.

How would you suggest we do this? Would it be possible to use an Auto Action to accomplish this? If so, how would I set it up?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #246637 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change link to profile Itemid
Ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu link to CBs profile page and it'll use it for the Itemid or otherwise it'll fallback to first userlist Itemid it finds like you're experiencing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 9 months ago #246652 by stuntlist
Replied by stuntlist on topic Change link to profile Itemid
Hi Kyle,

The View Profile menu item is Public and published. But it is not being used on the Joomla 3.3.1 site.

Thanks.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246671 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change link to profile Itemid
If your site is multi-lingual ensure the menu item is accessible by all languages or create a menu item that's public and published to CB profile page for each language. Aside from that I'm unable to confirm your issue on CB 1.9.1 or CB 2.0. If you're using a 3rd party SEF extension it could also be rewriting the URLs incorrectly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.555 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn