[SOLVED] Instal issue with CB Blogs on 1.9.1 with Joomla 3.3.1

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246969 by ukphotoguy
I used CB Blogs OK on the Beta 2.x release but now I have re-built my site on the 1.9.1 release I have a problem installing the CB Blogs, install all works fine (no errors) the tools reports no issue but even though I have three categories defined in the config section and they are in the database all the drop down menus involving categorizes are blank and because I cannot select a category I cannot create a blog.
I tried on a complete new install and still see the same issue. I do not see any obvious error messages in the php or joomla error logs. Any help available

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #246971 by ukphotoguy
OK looked at the code, figured it out. As we all know in the later joomla there are no sections and categories and the CB Blogs has not reflected this, so I needed to create a nested category to make the config work correctly, the section is the top level category I want my blog in and then a dummy category just to have a category to list. So perhaps this helps someone else.

9 years 7 months ago #248716 by agouldtdc
Thanks. I have been struggling with this.

Why is there no documentation provided by Joomlapolis?

9 years 7 months ago #248722 by krileon
CB 2.0 fixes this with built in CB Blogs. The section is no longer mandatory. When nothing is selected it allows access to all categories. When a section is selected it allows access to child categories of that category. Meaning CB Blogs functions immediately out of the box with no additional configuration.

Why is there no documentation provided by Joomlapolis?

At the time CB Blogs was still an Incubator project, which come with little to no documentation as they're experimental and constantly changing. CB 2.0 merges CB Blogs into the core of CB so we'll be providing documentation for it after CB 2.0 goes Stable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #248726 by agouldtdc
OK thanks for letting me know.

I've been having the same challenge with CB Activity but am starting to make some progress.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn