CB Profile Gallery some questions

9 years 9 months ago #246975 by crealiagroup
CB Profile Gallery some questions was created by crealiagroup
Hi, I would ask some questions about CB Profile Gallery and it's future.

First of all, will be CB Profile Gallery still developed for CB 2.0? Will manage files anyway? What will be the solution for CB 2.0?

Actually CB Profile Gallery could be a very strong and usefull sistem to manage different files for private area for users for lot of cases. Let's think about a company that need to manage different files, images, etc... for every single Client. It is a good and simple solution to manage it.

So CB 2.0 is coming and what about CB Profile gallery? How can we handle files, images etc... for existing websites?

Second question. I would inform users that admin/moderators have uploaded a new file in his gallery. How can I send to him an e-mail that informs about the new file uploaded?

Any solution?

Thanks in advice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #246979 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Profile Gallery some questions

crealiagroup wrote: Hi, I would ask some questions about CB Profile Gallery and it's future.

First of all, will be CB Profile Gallery still developed for CB 2.0? Will manage files anyway? What will be the solution for CB 2.0?

Actually CB Profile Gallery could be a very strong and usefull sistem to manage different files for private area for users for lot of cases. Let's think about a company that need to manage different files, images, etc... for every single Client. It is a good and simple solution to manage it.

So CB 2.0 is coming and what about CB Profile gallery? How can we handle files, images etc... for existing websites?

Second question. I would inform users that admin/moderators have uploaded a new file in his gallery. How can I send to him an e-mail that informs about the new file uploaded?

Any solution?

Thanks in advice.

I wrote the initial version and have been maintaining it.

Kyle is planning to rewrite it from scratch after CB 2.0 is released and he will be adding many bells and whistles also.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246980 by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic CB Profile Gallery some questions
Thanks for reply.
Any solution anyway at the moment to notify by email to user if an admin uploaded a file in his profile?

An auto action?

9 years 9 months ago #246989 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Profile Gallery some questions
CB Profile Gallery doesn't fire any triggers. The only way you could keep track of it is to act on the profile display trigger then check for CB Profile Gallery inputs being in the POST data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 9 months ago #247009 by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic CB Profile Gallery some questions
Ok, you mean with an auto action right? Would you please sugest me the correct procedure step by step to try?

Thanks in advice.

9 years 9 months ago #247023 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Profile Gallery some questions
The below is example for setting up the triggers and conditionals to check for profile gallery post.

Triggers: onBeforeUserProfileDisplay
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [post_profilegallerypgitemtitle] NOT EMPTY

The above is checking for the input "profilegallerypgitemtitle" being in the POST. This typically means they've submit the profile gallery form. The issue is there is no guarantee the submit was successful. For example CB Profile Gallery may reject the save due to file size limits or whatever the case, but you're unable to check for that though conditionals.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn