remove / reword "valid from now on"

9 years 9 months ago #247233 by bradymc
remove / reword "valid from now on" was created by bradymc
I have a CB Subs plan that is setup to run for a calendar year. Upon displaying the plan on the frontend, it shows the plan name, the validity period, and then says "(valid from now on)". First of all, I'm not even sure what that phrase is supposed to mean. Secondly, I cannot figure out a way to prevent that phrase from being displayed. Maybe if I knew what it was supposed to mean I could just edit the language file to something that makes more sense.

So...
1. Could someone explain the purpose of that phrase?
2. Is there a way to turn it off that I haven't discovered?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #247268 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic remove / reword "valid from now on"
I believe it means the subscription is valid from now and onward. Basically informing the user it's not expired. As far as I can see there's no way to remove it, but you can change it within your CBSubs language file found below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptions-en-gb/language.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 9 months ago #247289 by beat
Replied by beat on topic remove / reword "valid from now on"
valid from now on means that it's already valid from the subscription time, and doesn't start only on October 1st (so the user gets a bonus period before the "official start of October 1st", as we are currently in July). That corresponds to your plan settings. If you have a better and/or shorter default wording for that meaning, I'm all ears :-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

9 years 8 months ago #247506 by bradymc
Replied by bradymc on topic remove / reword "valid from now on"
The problem I have is that if I don't understand what that phrase is supposed to mean, then how should I expect an end-user to understand what it means. "Valid from now on" makes it sound like the user has a subscription that will never expire and is confusing.

I have 2 suggestions...
1. Reword it to say (valid from today until expiration date). I think it's better wording, but still confusing.
2. Better yet, throw a little if-then-else code in there and make it read something that makes more sense. For example, it would be better for the validity period to read {today's date} - {expiration date}. So on my site, even though the validity period is set for October 1st for a calendar year, the validity date would read "6 August 2014 - 1 October 2014". Speaking of, can this date format be changed?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn