[SOLVED] Logged into ADMIN yesterday - everything fine - this morning display is messed up ...

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #247301 by IAAF
What could possibly cause this - it was working fine for me last night, but this morning it is not. I have not made any changes in the admin section - just adding new content. The image from my Blair site is the way the IAAF site looked yesterday.

I have no idea how to fix this.

thanks for any help ...

Donna
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #247312 by krileon
Just strict standards warnings. Set error reporting in Joomla global configuration to None to suppress them. Either someone turned error reporting on or your host just upgraded your PHP to 5.4 or greater. Strict standards warnings shouldn't break any functionality. We've taken care of them in CB core code in CB 2.0 though. Incubator projects will have them all cleared up after CB 2.0 goes stable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #247314 by IAAF
I can't get to 'Global Configuration' - Server - 'Server Settings'

obviously it is the host because I have another joomla site on another host and do not have this problem (same versions), so I changed it in that site so that I don't have that problem in near future, but can't in this site. Is there a way I can remove the CB admin menu or disable it temporarily so that this may help to provide access to the joomla admin menu? I just don't remember what that component was.

or - is there a database setting I can simply change - by changing a value in a field in some table?

Thanks for replying!

9 years 9 months ago #247318 by krileon
The below URL will take you directly to Joomla global configuration.

index.php?option=com_config

You can also press F12 in Chrome or Firefox to open the developer console and delete out any HTML elements. You can also reach Joomla module manager with the below URL and shut off the module if you want.

index.php?option=com_modules

Please note the module it self isn't cause this, but CB plugins that are being loaded are as they're not PHP 5.4+ ready yet so they throw strict standards warnings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 9 months ago #247321 by IAAF
I was getting so frustrated, didn't even think of the developer console - that was easy :-) and problem fixed.

I feel so stupid.

But, thank you so much for the help!

Donna

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn