Adding fields to subscription tab in multi tabbed registration

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247456 by Freshpage
I have a multi tabbed registration. The "Subscriptions" tab currently shows the two plans. Is it possible to add fields to this tab? It does not appear in the tab dropdown on the field editing page.

I want to add 2 sets of help text which will show/hide depending on which of the two plans is selected.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247466 by krileon
CBSubs tab does not allow fields. It's not possible to add fields to it without modifying the tab row in database and setting its fields column to 1, but that's just a temporary fix as running CB Tools or updating CBSubs will set it back to 0. I recommend just adding your text to the description of the plans. You can use substitutions in the descriptions so you can condition to see if the user is logged in or not if you want it on registration only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freshpage

9 years 8 months ago #247471 by Freshpage
OK thanks.

I assume there is a good reason for certain tabs not allowing fields.. it has certainly made my life more difficult on several occasions!

9 years 8 months ago #247479 by krileon
Plugin tabs typically don't allow fields as they have specifically designed displays, which fields could end up ruining.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freshpage

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn