custom ordered list

9 years 8 months ago #247507 by bradymc
custom ordered list was created by bradymc
I have multi-select field that stores the leadership role for individuals and I need to display a list with these individuals sorted by the Leadership Role. But I need to be able to dictate what order they are displayed. The positions are President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, and Secretary/Treasurer. I need them to be displayed in that order.

I assumed that when I sorted them by "Leadership Role" that it would sort based on the order they were displayed in the field selection. Not true. It only sorts alphabetically.

In this post (www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/224763-list-order-by-country#242134), doing an "IF conditioned ORDER BY" is mentioned.

Is it possible to achieve a custom-ordered list?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247515 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic custom ordered list
It's a direct ORDER BY added to the database query. It doesn't know what order the field values are. It orders alphabetically in ascending or descending order. Currently it is not possible to have custom ordering, but will review implementing for next release as am currently working on converting userlist edit to XML and as we have advanced filtering I can't see any reason to not have advanced sorting.

Update: Ok, Advanced mode for Sorting will be available for CB 2.0 Stable so you can specify your own ORDER BY like you can with Advanced Filters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #247549 by bradymc
Replied by bradymc on topic custom ordered list
Is this available in RC (which should be available later today)? If not in RC, what is the time frame for Stable? I may have time to jump over to 2.0 while still in development.

9 years 8 months ago #247559 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic custom ordered list
No, this won't be in RC. I've just started rewriting userlist edit into XML. We've no release date for Stable, we'll announce when it's ready, but we're getting close.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn